Views

Friday, May 22, 2015

You Can Do Anything but not Everything

I found a tan wooden block of wood sign with red letters in old typewriter font (my favorite) for $2.00 at Ross one day. The treasures we find at stinky stores (the Ross that I went to my husband so affectionately says smells like arm pits and cigarettes) excite me at times.

I can do ANYTHING but not EVERYTHING. Is that true? Can I do anything? I know that I can't do everything.....I surely know that I don't WANT to do everything....laziness prevailing. I'm not sure that I could fly the space shuttle or fight Mike Tyson. Anything covers a lot of things. Parents tell children that they can be anything if they try. Is that true? I know that I could not be an Olympic runner. I know that I couldn't. I was not designed in my body structure to even begin to compete no matter how hard I wanted to try. And yet, the will of a man (woman) is surely nothing to be reckoned with. (How do you write without ending sentences in prepositions?)

The bible says that a person can do ALL things through Christ who gives us strength. I am such a realist. It is hard for me to comprehend that statement. If I could grasp that concept, I believe that I surely could do all things.

The spirit of a man is something else.

T:)

No comments:

Post a Comment