Views

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Jack Dawson, the Snapping Turtle

The snapping turtle was the size of an average car's steering wheel. He was sitting on the side of the road as I took my morning walk. DANG...I forgot my camera. Have to commit this to memory, which I HATE to do because I think my memory storage is full and only allows a certain number of pics and info to hold before it has to delete old stuff. I don't want to delete the old stuff. What's the point of having a memory if you have to get rid of the old stuff to put new stuff in it. Isn't that what the memory is for?? (I am starting to become the QUEEN of ending sentences with prepositions..I gotta get a handle on this.)

Anyway, I don't think I have seen a snapping turtle this close. I thought it was a mutant turtle; a cross between a turtle and an alligator or something. It had ridges on his/her back and NO NECK. There was NO neck on this turtle. He/she only had a big old head sticking out of it's shell. His head was as big as my leg!! He had his mouth open the entire time I was looking at him. He NEVER moved either. Probably an intimidation tactic for snapping turtles. I am weak. I wanted to pick him up but there is NO way that I could have lifted him without getting my hand snapped off by his enormous mouth. His mouth was bigger than my leg!! I wanted to get a stick and put it in front of his mouth and see if he would snap it in two. The only thing that kept me from doing all of this is that I was afraid that I would get up to him and fall down and then I wouldn't have time to get back up before he walked up to me and attacked me. I think he might have been an attack snapping turtle. He could have been. He was creepy looking. He would have made a huge pot of turtle soup...GROSS!

I look for him now every time I go walking. He walked away and I will probably never see him again. This is just like Rose and Jack from the movie Titanic. "He exists now, only in my memory."....Rose about Jack and Theresa about Turtle

My turtle's name will be:
Jack Dawson

T:)

No comments:

Post a Comment