Views

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I Like Tubas

As I am typing this, I am listening to Tuba Skinny on YouTube playing a song called "Sweet Potato Blues". I like sweet potatoes too.

This group has a tuba in it playing on beat 1 and 3. LOVE IT! It would totally change the song if the tuba played on beat 2 and 4. I think people would be thrown off a bit. Changing timing on anything throws people off. To throw people off on timing, one has to be VERY GOOD at setting the pace and then POW.........throw something off by changing the place that you put down the beat, still keeping time of course. That is HARD to do. I love playing music with people that have GOOD timing. I must profess, I am a Timing Junkie and I will try to throw 'em off by switching rhythm but keeping the same tempo. It's like playing tag or something.

Does any of this make sense?

Anyway, I like Tubas.
(this really didn't have anything to do with tubas, did it?)

T:)

No comments:

Post a Comment