Views

Monday, May 25, 2015

Spell Check is ON now....

Spell check is on now.

I had to make that announcement. I hate that I have given up typing without spell check. Am I a bit of a control freak for feeling this way. Is it wise to forgo something that helps us? Does spell check help us or hurt us? I work with people that don't know how to spell the simplest words. They do know how to shop online though and buy t-shirts. Which is more valuable: shopping or spelling? Is it fair to compare shopping and spelling? Are they in the same category?

I think spell check gives the illusion that an author is smart and knows how to spell words....all kinds of words....words longer than 5 letters....words that no one has ever heard of except spell check. Sometimes, spell check doesn't even know certain words and THEN a person has to go to Google or Wikipedia. (note: I spelled "Wikipedia" wrong and spell check caught it...)

I am not as smart as I appear. We should all have warner signs on us like the side view mirrors on cars that say "objects may appear closer than they are". We should have signs on us that say "person may seem smarter than they appear".

DUH!
T:)

No comments:

Post a Comment