Views

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Johnny Cash aka Johnny ONE Note

Cousin Twila called me yesterday at work and for some reason that I absolutely DON’T know, we got on the subject of Johnny Cash.
I don’t care much for his music. I made that comment one time to my husband and now he says that I HATE Johnny Cash. I don’t hate him.
I could never figure out what all the hype about him was all about. My cousin said that my Aunt Fran used to call him “Johnny One Note”. We laughed about that one. As soon as she said it, I started laughing because I knew exactly what she was talking about. Sorry Johnny Cash fans. I apologize in advance for laughing. It’s funny though!
 
Last week, I talked to Clint who was playing the bass for a Johnny Cash impersonator at a local show. I made the comment about Johnny’s music and how I didn’t really care for it. He didn’t either. It was a paying gig so he took it. I didn’t realize that so many people have these opinions of Johnny.
 
All of my Johnny Cash conversations seem to take place at my work desk. People call me, I talk about Johnny Cash. Weird. How does this happen? When Cousin Twila finished talking to me and I hung up the phone, I jokingly made a comment to the lady that works behind me about Johnny being called “Johnny One Note”. She said “Now, he’s not that bad. You know that I am related to him? My maiden name was Cash. Grandma wouldn’t claim him because she thought that he had went to prison”.
 
I LOST IT! I started laughing so hard that tears were rolling down my face. I have been talking about Johnny Cash at work for all of these months and had NO IDEA the lady behind me was his cousin.
 
THAT IS FUNNEH!!
T:)

No comments:

Post a Comment